10weeks &1 day old

10weeks &1 day old
The day Lola arrived with me

Monday 23 May 2011

day 1

Today this little fluffy bundle arrived...kids had been on at me for weeks for a puppy and I caved.So along came Lola.
Day 1 has been such an eventful day in the life of a puppy. The day of seperation from mummy and daddy and brother.But also a day of new adventure,quite possibly the biggest adventure a puppy will ever have.Lot's of new people to meet and train into puppy slaves,and also a new home to explore and mark!Lola took the marking side rather seriously! It would seem Lola is only toilet trained when Lola think's it's a good idea :) Luckily I am a patient slave who saw this coming and stocked up on nice smelling puppy wipes! 1-0 to the slave then!
Lola seems to think very little of the dog lead and stubbornly sits and refuses to budge when I put it on her.During her first walk she ended up being carried half of the 'walk',the other half she spent sat in my sons pushchair!That takes us to 1-1! It isn't just on the lead that she won't walk.She has a great big dog bed and throughout the day moved a total of around 5 puppy steps away from it.So she has been carried from room to room to do her exploring!There was me thinking puppies were naturally inquisitive and liked to walk.Oh what a lesson I've been taught in such a short space of time!
When not being carried or pushed around Lola has been happily dozing or playing in her bed.It would seem that for such a little thing she requires an enormous amount of sleep! I am however not being fooled by this calm,relaxed sleepy little darling.I know that this sleepy baby who hardly moves from her bed will suddenly transform into a lively little darling who keeps me on my toes.What I don't know is when the trasnsition will happen,so I guess she holds all the aces on that 1 too!
Bedtime for Lola has so far gone rather well, too well......her bed is in the kitchen with a child gate across the doorway.Lola initially seemed rather unimpressed with this arrangement.She stood whining at the gate for about 15 minutes but soon gave in and went all quiet.So I went to peek, may well have been part of the puppy masterplan...little Lola was sat staring at the gate...must have been part of the puppy masterplan,she was waiting for me to go peek.After a quick cuddle and reminder of how she's a good girl she went back to bed and I've heard nothing since..that was a whole hour ago!So I am now off to sleep while I can and will see tomorrow exactly how much sleep Lola decided the house can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment